Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas!

Christmas morning, Luke woke up to pancakes and a new train set! We had a relaxing morning playing with the new toys, watching "A Christmas Story," and preparing for our 4 day trip to Phoenix and Prescott.




We spent Christmas Day with the Strayers. Aunt Vicki is a great hostess and her house in Ahwatukee is perfect for large family get-togethers. I was amazed how quickly Luke settled in- he didn't have hardly any of the "new surroundings anxiousness"- he's really getting to know his extended family, and it was fun to see him take a liking to Greg this time around! Maybe its because he's studying to be an EMT- Luke is OBSESSED with fire and rescue trucks/personnel right now.

The dinner (which was also potluck, but Vicki prepared the main dishes) was delicious! Ham AND turkey! Growing up, holidays were just the four of us because my extended family lives in Detroit. My mom, feeding only four people, only made ham OR turkey, never both! I still can't get over holidays where there are BOTH. So exciting.... As usual, we had wayyyy too much food and ate ourselves into food comas, leaving little room for dessert.

It was cold and rainy all afternoon, which made it seem more "Christmas-y," and it was nice to chat with everyone and see what everyone is up to. Linda was visiting from Vegas on break from PA school, Brittany just graduated with her LPN and is beginning her hunt for a nursing job, Rhiannon is on Winter Break from ASU, where she is studying Elementary Education, Greg is going to school to become an EMT... everyone is up to such exciting things! Maybe I'm just getting older, but there isn't really any new or exciting news for me to report! Aside from growing a little person in my belly, that is. :) That is okay, though, I had many years of school/work/assorted crap to report when I was in my early 20's also.






After spending Christmas Day with the Strayers, we drove up to Glendale to visit my parents. The next morning, Angie, Shawn, and Shelby came over and we celebrated a belated Christmas. I really wish Luke knew how to open presents- Shelby ended up opening his gifts for him, which was quite silly. Shelby and Luke were little pro wrestlers- I worry that one of these days, she is going to throttle him, and we won't be able to say anything but, "You shoulda been nicer to her when you were still bigger than her!"



Mom made ham and Angie made her famous sweet potatoes, and again, we all ate ourselves fat and happy. This time, I saved room for dessert and ate the hugest piece of pumpkin pie. I'm glad I cut myself a big slice, because I had the cutest little pigeons (Luke and Shelby) begging for bites while I was eating. This way, I was okay with sharing. :) Overall, it was a fun THREE days of Christmas Fun, and Phil likes to joke that if we just add five more, we can compete with Hannukah.

No comments: