Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Let the Christmas Fun Begin!


Christmas Eve began with a great impromptu playdate with friends. Earlier this week, my girlfriends and I were lamenting the fact that there really wasn't anything to do on Christmas Eve (assuming your shopping was done!) until the evening. And, considering the past two days have been cold and rainy- we were all suffering from a bit of cabin fever as it was! So I decided to invite some friends over to eat yummy breakfast casserole and watch the kiddos play. Luke and I had fun sharing our toys with Isabelle, Naomi, Keira, and Alisha and chatting with their mommies.



Christmas Eve-ning, Phils parents and sister/nephew came over for dinner and presents. It was a relaxing evening- Cindy baked a yummy red velvet cake in the shape of a Christmas tree and I made my "special" pot roast. We drank cider (preggo, remember) and were merry.

Time is sure flying. The boys played so well together and had actual conversations. Gabe is potty trained now, which seems crazy, but he is going to be 3, so it makes sense. Phil's family was very generous and we are excited about our new photo printer and panini press (among other things...) But the most fun part was watching Luke open his presents and to see how excited he got. Auntie Laura and Uncle Michael got Luke a HUGE fire truck with extension ladder and Grandma and Grandpa got Luke a large working garbage truck. Do they know him or WHAT?! He played with them for the rest of the evening and insisted on taking them to bed with him, which was probably not the best idea since they took up half the crib... but hey... its Christmas.

Laura liked the DVD slide show I made of Gabe's first 3 years, which is good- since I spent forrrrrrever on it. Its funny to think that the software that I used (Microsoft Movie Maker and Microsoft DVD maker) were on my computer this whole time! In fact, they are on most peoples computers... they just don't know it! I hope to make a nice movie of Luke's first two years before his birthday. It will be easy, now that I'm a pro. ;) I'll be sure to take lots of good pics of CHristmas so I can include them. :)

No comments: