Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My "New" Guest Bathroom

I finished redecorating my guest bathroom this weekend. I had been sick of the blue/white bathroom for years, it had never turned out they way I had originally hoped. I had painted it before I knew about caulking, so there will little paint dribbles that had gotten underneath where I had taped. It looked so sloppy. I picked out the "classic taupe" color from Hope Depot (Behr paint is the BEST!) and bought new polished bronze fixtures (everything except the faucet- i don't know how to change faucets!) and a stained glass window cling. I kept the white shower curtain, but changed out the rod and curtain rings. It looks so nice! I really took my time on the painting, because I didn't want it to look even worse than the blue did. I like that I picked a neutral color this time, so if I ever get sick of the green towels or stained glass, I can change it out without having to paint again. Merry Christmas to me!



2 comments:

Marana Grays said...

Beautiful..."Taupe is a very soothing color". I hope you were safe and careful while painting and let Phil do the "tall" work.

Jamie said...

Looks good. It sounds like your nesting instinct may be kicking in.