Saturday, December 13, 2008

Women's Breakfast & Cookie Decorating Party

Last night, Luke and I drove up to Phx to hang out with my family. This morning, my mom, sister, and I went to the Women's Christmas Brunch at my mom's church, while my dad entertained Luke. My mom sponsored a table at the brunch, and decorated it beautifully with green/gold and holiday plates. Meanwhile, my dad took Luke to Cabela's, this huge sporting goods slash taxidermy extravaganza. Dad said that Luke was in awe of all of the stuffed creatures and had a great time!



After the brunch, Luke and I headed back down to Tucson, stopping in on Aunt Vicki's annual Christmas Cookie decorating party. Even though Luke was super exhausted, he had a great time in the backyard playing with cousin Gabe, Dominic, and all of Dominic's toys. Especially the Jeep. He lovvvvved the Jeep. He wasn't really interested in decorating or eating the cookies, which is probably a good thing. I decorated and ate two, but that was plenty. I saw people decorating lots of them and putting them on trays to take home and eat later, but I wasn't really feeling it. I kept thinking about my already seemingly exponential weight gain (3rd trimester anyone?) and figured I didn't need any extra help. I was more there to see everyone- and we did! Auntie Laura, Grandma V, GG Strayer, cousin Gabe, and Vicki's family were all there. Vicki throws great parties- there was at least 30 people there and everyone was really enjoying themselves. We can't wait to go back for Christmas... Luke is already missing his new buddy the Jeep. :)

No comments: