Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Fantastic, Amazing Weekend

This weekend, I traveled up to Flagstaff with Victoria to visit Rita. We ate our way through town, stopping at the wonderful wonderful Indian restaurant "Himalayan Grill" for their lunch buffet, "Dara Thai" for dinner, and "Cafe Espresso" for a delicious Sunday breakfast. My tummy hasn't been that happy in a long time! We also lazily window shopped through our favorites- craft stores! I wanted to do decidedly un-kid friendly things, but BabyGirl limited that. ;) We settled for lounging in restaurants (Luke is good at them, but still a ticking time bomb) and shopping at stores like Pier One, that love to stack wine glasses on the ground and put their stuff so close together you can't really push a stroller through it! Rita and Victoria helped me find the most awesome Halloween costume at Savers, and we baked a yummy carrot cake (from SCRATCH! I had no idea people put pineapple and coconut in carrot cake, seeing as how I've only ever made it from the Betty Crocker box mix!) We had a small issue with the cake baking, but despite its appearance, it was very very very delicious (see video below for more details). Its because we were chatting too much and not paying enough attention! oh well! We finally met all of Rita's new roommates at the "commune," this ENORMOUS house just north of the NAU campus. They are all great. It seems as if she's found her people! It was sad to leave on Sunday morning, but I was anxious to get home to my boys, who spent their first mommy-free weekend... EVER! Good thing we got him that Cozy Coupe Fire Truck, I think it completely replaced me this weekend! I'm still kicking myself I didn't get a picture of the three of us, though, we probably won't see each other again until CHristmas at the earliest. Drat!




Ritas House

The coolest sign ever. Gotta Love Flagstaff.


2 comments:

Rita said...

I had SO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks for coming up!!!!

Zev Isaac Winkelman said...

Welcome back from your awesome solo weekend!