Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just Like Great-Uncle Dave!


On Friday, Phil and I took Luke to Toys'R'Us. He had been obsessing over the Little Tikes Cozy Coupes at our bi-monthly trips to Pump It Up for about... a year. Luke isn't the type of kid who tires of toys and needs new ones all the time, he still plays with his Little People school bus (that he got for CHRISTMAS!) for at least an hour each day. So, knowing he would really really really love it, we finally decided it was time for Luke to have a Cozy Coupe of his very own, so we packed up the car and headed for the toy store. The one we picked out would make Phil's Uncle Dave very proud- its a fire truck! Luke fell asleep on the way home and we assembled it during his nap. When he woke up, we took him into the living room, and, luckily, were able to capture his first reaction on video. He's just like Poppa Snider, absolutely in love with his car. He spent the entire weekend in this car and Phil spent countless hours pushing Luke around the house in it. I'm told he even ate a meal or two in it (I was in Flagstaff on a girls weekend, so I missed a lot of the action.) I did see him dust busting his fire truck this afternoon. He wanted to "clean" it. JUST like Poppa Snider!


Too much excitement, lets take a nap...


This shouldn't be TOO hard...


Finished product!


Luke's initial reaction to seeing his very own fire truck!!! Priceless...

2 comments:

Aidan and Bauer said...

I was just reading and watching your new post, and Bauer is next to me. After the video, he says "what about me, I need my own fire truck!" You did great. Miss you!

Marana Grays said...

Very good mommma! You can tell that Luke is soooooo happy.