Monday, January 12, 2009

How Luke Spent his 2nd Birthday...


I can't believe my little boy is two years old today! The time goes by so fast, and yet so much happened, that it seems like Luke has been with us for much longer. I guess everyone feels that way about their lovely little kiddos.

The day began with Luke sleeping in until almost EIGHT, which allowed me time to get the house ready for his birthday playdate. At 8:29am, we called Phil at work, because it was the exact time that Luke was born- Phil calls it his "birth-moment," instead of his "birthday." We sang to Luke on speakerphone.

At 9am, Luke had five of his girlfriends come over to play, hit the "Shrek 2" pinata (I made another one for the playdate...) and free the yummy fruit snacks inside. We played some more, sang the Happy Birthday song, and ate cake! The kids played for a solid four hours, and Luke had the best time, even if I did have to keep reminding him that his friends don't always want to be hugged/kissed/body-slammed. We're working on that. The girls were really nice about it, though, I think it helped that they are all bigger than him.

I had a nice time, too. I really enjoy playdates because they are great socialization opportunities for Luke, and I get some "adult" conversation also! The kids are "older" now (2-3 years old) so they play really well together, so we can spend more time chatting and having real conversations, as opposed to just chasing them around and making sure they don't break anything! Its a little scary to think I'll be starting all over with a newborn in less than a month!

After Luke's friends left, we cleaned up a bit, and Luke went down for a nap. He was READY- it was an hour late and he was crashing from his overly nutritious lunch of pigs in a blanket, cake, juice, fruit snacks and crackers. I know, I know- but it was his Birthday! We'll jump back on the nutrition wagon tomorrow- I have to- I get weighed at my 36 week appt on Thursday! :P

Luke woke up from his nap when daddy got home, and they played for a long time. Then we opened more presents (Thanks everyone! He loved it ALL!) and grilled some burgers and taters, Luke's fave. Then we took a bath and settled down to watch Cars for the umpteenth time and play with his new bulldozer.

A day well spent, I would say. :)





2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy 2nd birthday Luke! It sure looks like you had a great time with your friends and family!

Angi said...

Happy Birthday Luke.