Friday, January 2, 2009

Bedding Dilemma Solved


So I realize that in the grand scheme of things, deciding what kind of curtains to hang in a nursery is NOT a big deal- but it was still annoying to me that I couldn't find anything I deemed worthy. And believe me, I looked. And looked. And looked. But today, fueled by the impending visit of family for Luke's b-day next weekend, I resolved to FINALLY finish the nursery. And, if that meant driving to Babies-r-Us (which I did) and not leaving until I had picked a "theme" (which I did), then that was what I was prepared to do. Yes, the long suffering perfectionist was deciding to settle- for the sake of her sanity. I don't know why I was making it so hard. I had already decided I wanted yellow walls (yeah! Progress!) but couldn't decide on yellow/purple, yellow/green or yellow/pink. And then I decided I was overthinking it and just picked out something I thought was cute. Its pink. And I like it! The pale yellow walls (I already have the paint color chosen. Woo hoo! Lowe's here i come!) and sage green packnplay she'll live in until Luke relinquishes the crib will "soften" it quite a bit. We could only afford the window valance and throw blanket for right now, but there really isn't any point in buying the entire crib set right now anyways, as, like I said, she'll be in the bassinet for 5 months. Hopefully, they don't clearance it out in the meantime... that seems to be my luck. :P

No comments: