Thursday, June 12, 2008

Trip to the Splashpark

Today Luke and I went to the Splashpark. Its basically a huge, fenced in piece of cool deck at a Tucson park with water squirting out everywhere. It comes up out of the ground, shoots out of tubes, and fills up buckets that tip over onto people. Its a lot of fun! And because it is free, Meetup Moms goes there often, so I really wanted Luke to like it.Last month when I brought him, he was completely overwhelmed by the loud noises (kids and water) and the splashing. I couldn't even put him down without tears. This time, we came prepared. My friend Angela told me to get him a pair of sunglasses, that they would keep the water out of his eyes. We also brought along Mr. Ribbit, his rubber green tree frog. You see, frogs are amphibians, so they get virtually all of their water through their skin, so it was Luke's responsibility to keep Mr. Ribbit wet! It worked! As you can see, Luke was much more open to the "splashpark experience." Yeah!

Quite the pair with our hats and sunglasses!

He wandered to the middle of the splashpark all by himself to play with the splash gun.

Loving the water gun
My future is so bright I have to wear shades!

Here's some water, Mr. Ribbit!

Catching water

Oh wow. He looks so old in this pic! Definitely not a baby anymore!

No comments: