Monday, June 30, 2008

Kristi's Wedding Reception





We had the best time at Kristi and Chris' Scottsdale wedding reception on Saturday. Luke slept the whole way there (...and back!) so he was in a good mood. It was at the Armenian Cultural Center and inside and air conditioned, too! It reminded me of my wedding, except for the indoors and air conditioned part. The bride and groom looked pretty relaxed and seemed to really be enjoying themselves, which doesn't always happen with the stress of being the center-o-attention. It truly was a joyous occasion and Kristi and Chris deserved it!

Since they got married in Cabo, they served Mexican food (like us!) and had a sort-of Mexican theme (like us!) Theirs was definitely beachy, though, which was so perfect! They had this really neat slideshow of them when they were kids and also of the wedding. I wish we had done that, it was so fun to see them both as kids. I loved all the details, too, which I'm not sure anyone notices but me. Their favors were margarita glasses with personalized ribbon and (i think) margarita or lime flavored jelly beans. They also had personalized Hershey Kisses (Just married!) and M&Ms (Chris & Kristi), Mexican wedding cake cookies. The cake had shells on it, too!

Kristi was so thoughtful. Luke had his own seat (hasn't happened yet, I think people think of him as an accessory- but he is such a person now!), which also means he had his own margarita wedding glass favor, which means Mama got three, hee hee. Luke had fun exploring and playing and dancing with his cousins. He made several trips to the drinking fountain, which he found fascinating. The DJ had these disco type lights that entranced all the little kids. He kept saying "Party", which sounded a lot like "Potty," another one of his new words, but we're pretty sure he meant party. Everytime I would ask him if he wanted to go dance, he would say "Ooooo-tay. " Here are the best of the pics I took. These are mostly of us, but if you would like to see more, just email me and I'll send you the Snapfish link.




No comments: