Friday, February 6, 2009

How I Spent My Due Date

Not having a baby, thats for sure!

Luke and I went to the International Wildlife Museum, also known as the "dead animal museum." A taxidermists dream- a PETA nightmare. Luke loved it! We went with some friends from MMoT, and the kids were in awe that they got to touch the lions and bears and stuff. Here are some pics from the trip.



Today on our walk, we came across two little puppies. They had tags on, only looked about three months old, and were super friendly. So of course, I brought them home. Its a weakness of mine, one that Phil has learned to not even question- we return lost doggies to their owners. In my whole life of doing this, we are still batting a thousand. However, tonight, we left messages on the phone number on the collar, but nobody called us back. Then, after Phil left for his screening, I packed Luke up in the stroller and started knocking on doors. I figured somebody would know who these dogs belonged to! I was right! At the second door I knocked on, the man (who was a cop, so I knew he'd help ;) ) told me the house and that they got out all the time because they could crawl under the gate. Yeah! So now I knew who to return them to... except they weren't home and the gate wasn't secure, so they'd just get out again.

We went over to our next door neighbors house, who were happily watching the puppies, because we didn't know how Goose would take to them. The neighbors (with their eight kiddos) loved playing with them, but around bedtime, when we still hadn't heard back from the owners, I went over to "collect" the puppies for the night. I just couldn't burden that family with caring for the dogs overnight. I felt bad both because I had left them there in the first place (Here. Let me disrupt your evening with two puppies.) and because I was taking them away (the kids were seriously bummed when I showed up with the laundry basket.)

Well, it turns out I shouldn't have worried about Goose! He LOVES little dogs, and they played and played and played! Luke also went crazy for the "PUPPIES!" and was like a pile of joy bubbles bursting for about thirty minutes. At about that time, the owners called and they came over a few minutes later to collect their dogs. I wish the neighbors could have seen how excited they were to see their dogs again- I think they wouldn't have been so sad to see them go. Anyways, in just the few minutes that they were at my house, I was able to take these videos...





3 comments:

Aidan and Bauer said...

SO CUTE...I can't believe you gave them back ;)! Actually, I can...but how tempted were you to keep them? SO CUTE!

Val said...

Both Naomi & Gabe just watched these over and over. Naomi calls the clips "Luke", "Puppy kisses" and "Puppy okay" respectively...you've just provided her with entertainment for awhile!

Marana Grays said...

You are a BRAVE girl! Those are Pit Bull Puppies!!! Yes, I know that puppies have to be "taught" how to act but boy oh boy...brave!