Friday, July 25, 2008

Why I Love Coldplay

I love Coldplay because their lyrics make no sense. Tonight at Chili's, Phil was talking about how he liked their new song "Viva La Vida." We were talking about the lyrics, and what we thought they meant, when we got to the line "I hear Jerusalem Bells a ringing, Roman Calvary choirs are singing..." Phil insisted it was "Roman Catholic choirs are singing" and I thought it was... well what it really was. Although Phil's interpretation seems to make more sense, I was positive that I was right. Never one to pass up an opportunity, we bet on it. The wager: the name "Duke." Phil really really really wanted to name our baby, if it is a boy, "Duke." Yes, I know. Luke and Duke. Ridiculous. I haven't really reacted much to his silly name because, like the "Rocky" that never was, I figured it would just pass with time. But, if I could win this bet, then I would never have to endure another Phil dissertation on why rhyming names are the way to go!!! And I DID win!!! Woo hoo!!!! Yeah for Coldplay!!!!

No comments: